Just like every investment you make, you want to ensure you're getting the best return. These are the top 5 things you should know to ensure your solar system lasts for decades to come!
1. System Troubleshooting – In most cases turning on and off the system will fix the issue. A quick reboot, just like your internet router, will usually fix it. Some times the connection from your solar to your monitoring needs the reboot as well. So actually restarting your internet could also be a simple fix. Please see your operating manual for on / off instructions. If you need further assistance please contact Luna Solar.
2. System Cleaning – Most solar systems will not require cleaning. If you live in a dusty area, or if there is debris building up, a simple spray down from a water hose will do the job. Do not climb on your roof to clean the modules.
3. Shade Maintenance - If your solar is located round trees or bushes; overtime the tree trimming done at the time of install may need to be done again. Keep an eye on branches, you want to avoid as much shading as possible. Hire a local professional/arborist or follow safe practices when trimming your branches.
4. Hail - We only use mono-crystalline panels which are tested to handle golf ball sized hail at over 100 mph. But, if there happens to be a case where hail damages a panel contact your insurance company. Any damage caused by the natural elements will covered by your homeowners insurance.
5. Snow Coverage - Typically the snow will build up and simply slide right off. The texture of the panels are smooth unlike the texture of your roof. But, if the panels are covered for a couple of days, no worries. Missing a couple days due to snow is a good compromise for having solar producing the rest of the year.